10 Pixar Movie Moments that Changed Your Childhood Forever
Over the past 23 years, Pixar has built its empire and reputation on tapping into human emotions and coloring our imaginations with animated wonders that have impacted countless childhoods forever. Whatever it is, there is something special about these movies and the way they directly connect to our lives. That’s why we can’t help but revisit them as adults time and time again. Here are our top 10 Pixar movie moments that changed our childhoods forever:
1. When Nemo’s dad celebrates Nemo’s uniqueness – It’s hard to forget the moment Marlon dropped off Nemo for his first day of school and the other students asked what’s wrong one of his fins. We’ve all felt like we were under a magnifying glass around new people, and it can be intimidating. But, when Nemo’s dad calls it his “lucky fin”, it taught us that sometimes our quirks are our best assets.
2. When Inside Out taught us that emotions are complex and ever-changing – This movie nailed it and gave us a peek into how our minds evolve throughout our childhood, shaping the way we view the word. When Joy lifts others up to fight for happiness time and time again, she teaches us that happiness is a choice and seeking reasons to be grateful and joyous are worth the effort.
3. When family comes first in Coco – Your family should want the best for you, and Coco teaches us that family can be the biggest and best support system in our lives.
4. When Monsters Inc. taught us to not to judge a book by its cover – When Sully shows his soft side and befriends a little girl who accidentally gets stuck in Monstropolis, we learn that despite our preconceived notions, we may find a friend if we give them a chance.
5. When EVE destroys the ship in Wall-E – She seems intimidating and emotionally-destructive at first, but she’s the superhero we all want to be and turns out to be a sweet friend once Wall-E gets to know her. This movie shows us (yet again) that everyone has unique experiences and attributes that could teach us something important about ourselves.
6. When the theme of friendship melted our hearts over and over again in Up – Many moments between Carl and Russell in this movie make us want to hug our loved ones, but our favorite is when the odd couple makes it to Paradise Falls. It’s essential to have a companion by your side, and Up amazingly illustrates this cinematically between these two unlikely friends.
7. When Merida taught us that no matter how scared we are on the outside, we can be brave on the inside – Brave is one of those movies that reminds us that we have all the tools on the inside to conquer our greatest fears – it just takes courage.
8. When Moana set out to save her people – Aside from the mesmerizing colors and cinematic features, there are countless life lessons in this film that changed our lives forever. Moana is the portrait of bravery, adventure, and youthful determination that we aspire to be. She is fearless and confident in her ability to save her people, and these attributes lead her to success in the end.
9. When Buzz Lightyear replaces Woody in Toy Story – We may or may not have shed more than a few tears during this scene, but what we learned from Woody is that being yourself and realizing your assets can go a long way. Others may seem more qualified, attractive, or successful, but there’s no one more you than you, so celebrate your abilities to provide something unique to the world.
10. When a small idea had a significant impact in A Bug’s Life – It takes a whole ant colony in this movie to shift the big picture, but without teamwork, they couldn’t accomplish much. The small things sometimes really make the most significant impact.
So whether you’re feeling nostalgic or in the mood for a new lesson that could change your life for the better, it’s never a bad time to revisit these classic Pixar movies.