20 Reasons Why Having a Dog Is Better than Having a Kid
There are several reasons why kids are not man’s best friend. You don’t have to feel bad for liking your pet more than your family or friend’s children. It is not even a fair comparison to be honest. Have you ever had to change a dog’s diaper? Or cuddle your dog so it will fall asleep? Or be forced to hand feed your dog every day? The answer is no. Dogs are a low-maintenance solution to your loneliness and need for companionship.
However, dogs do require some degree of attention. They still have to be fed, have their water bowl filled, and taken outside to potty. But your dog will reward your actions with everlasting loyalty. Children are hugely oblivious to all the ways you struggle to keep them alive and still have the nerve to ask for more. Think of it this way, the total cost of raising a child for 18 years is over $200,000. That’s like taking out two car loans and a mortgage. The solution is clear, just skip the kid and own a dog.
Here are 20 reasons why having a dog is better than a kid:
- Dogs are always obedient and never talk back.
- Dogs come when you call them. Children make you go to them.
- Dogs will never ignore you.
- Dogs will not ruin your body, nor do you have to go through the pain of child labor to have one.
- If things are not working out, you can give a dog away, while children are for life
- Dogs eat whatever you give them. Children are fussy and hard to please.
- In fact, you can give your dog the same meal every day.
- Dogs don’t throw tantrums.
- It is quicker to house and potty train a dog than a child.
- If a dog cries, there is usually a reason. On the other hand, children never stop crying. Never.
- Dogs are always excited to see you. Children will resent you for the rest of their lives.
- Dogs don’t need babysitters.
- You can show your dog affection no matter how old they are.
- Dogs don’t hang out with bad crowds and make bad decisions.
- You can sterilize your dog, so they don’t get pregnant.
- A few squeaking toys is all a dog needs, while a child will demand the latest technology.
- Similarly, a dog does not require expensive clothes or diapers.
- Dogs do not constantly ask for money.
- Dogs can’t get embarrassed by you.
- Dog have unconditional love for you and will always remain loyal.
After owning a dog for a while you may decide to take the plunge and have children anyways. In this case, your dog has better prepared you for the trails of child raising. The responsibility of living creature depending on you to live will be nothing new to you. But be warned, this experience will be no walk in the park.